Sunday, December 19

i thought it was a latte but they told me it was a flat white but it was really a cappucino.

DISHWASHING
An ode to a household chore by Carrie Lee.
My day.
My holidays. 
My life. 
Is dishwashing. 
Morning, noon or night,
Don't bother putting up a fight,
Breakfast, dinner or lunch,
Bend over a sink until I grow a hunch.


It's less than a week until Christmas. Not surprisingly, I'm not excited whatsoever. Presents? Please. This year (thanks to my brother telling me =.=) I already know my brother and I are getting a keyboard. I'm quite excited...but now it means we have practise piano more. So as you can see that kind of takes the edge out of the excitement for me. Food? Always yummy. What difference does make Christmas make? And the so called Christmas spirit? Wake me up if you find it. zzz

Apart from dishwashing, a different thing I did today (different is such a funny word. It's always used in sentences like "Carrie's a bit different" or "How do I look?" "...different.") anyway a "different" (teehee) thing I did today was play the guitar! I know what you're thinking. What do you mean you just randomly played the guitar?! How many instruments do you play?! Just 3. And a half, including the guitar. But its surprisingly easy to play the guitar...badly. I can play quite a few basic chords, but some of them are like OW MY FINGERS LA too stretchy-ness and then it sounds fail. ^^ and its really easy to just bash away at the strings with a triangle thing called a pick, but then sounds just like that...bashing. So I was trying to teach myself to fingerpick. Note the word TRYING. But still an achievement of sorts. "How does it sound?" "...different." lol

Actually, I was almost really offended and cut. Basically I was just sitting on my bed bashing away at the guitar when my mum walks past and says, "That doesn't sound very pretty."

That's what I was like a minute. Shocked/depressed.
*crickets chirp*

Me: ............really...........Do I sound bad? :(
Mum: no i wasn't talking to you
*walks away, continues talking to dad about blahblahblah*
Me: oh. heh :)

Anti climatic. So I wasn't offended after all. 
One last thing: 

I WATCHED LION KING 1 and LION KING 2 LAST NIGHT!!!! WHOOOT!!!!! I never realised how many violent and evil themes there were in Lion King 1. O_O (if you have no idea what I am talking about, just watch it)

How cool are these glasses?? *silence* Maybe its just me...

I lied. *gasp* I just remembered something I thought about the other day when I was chasing my mum and brother around the supermarket (ended up running a full circle unnecessarily around the aisles =__=)

I HATE WASHING LETTUCE. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Another ode to another household chore by Carrie Lee. 

When I pull you out of the fridge,
You are dripping with condensation,
And freeze my fingers with your coldness,
When I try to wash you,
First I have to peel your layers like layers of sunburnt skin,
You are so filthy,
Covered in dirt everywhere,
Brown specks on green leaves,
When was the last time you took a bath?
No one cares because now I have to bathe you
Chuck your body pieces in water,
Slosh your stupid leaves around in the stupid water,
It takes forever,
You're too fussy,
If I wash you too hard you bruise,
Not hard enough and the dirt won't come off,
But I won't even know until you're in my mouth and I taste...dirt.
Splash myself some more,
Then take you out,
And stare at the bugs floating in your dirty bathwater.
Stupid stupid.
You have too many leaves
I can't fit everything in the salad spinner,
So I put half of you in first,
Swish swish swish
Stupid lettuce
Swish swish swish
Now your other half,
Into a humungous bowl
That I will be washing later
Dress you in oil and salt and pepper and lemon
Then on the table
Where we eat you.

Sorry that was really long. But I REALLY HATE WASHING LETTUCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment