Saturday, December 11

*has mood swings* Wow. I really am a teenager.

Funny thought #1:
When you are in a wedding service for a complete stranger who is also called your godmother and you have to wake up the other stranger who is snoozing in the seat next to you who is also called your dad. *did that make sense?*

Anyways. Dad actually fell asleep twice in that church service. *jealous*

I am so amazed at my psycho-ness sometimes. As you have noticed, I know I have to be productive and practise music and clean up, but I hardly find a proper motivation to do it. This morning I discovered my retarded driving force. All I have to do is write down exactly what I need to do on paper, and I am sort of compelled to be productive and complete the stuff on the timetable. Weird isn't it? Like I wrote down:

Get up at 8am 8.30am. NO LATER!!

And for some reason, that was enough to force myself to get up at 8.26am. O_O

But later (after the wedding) while my parents were at the reception THAT I WASN'T INVITED TO!?!? (she's my godmother for crying out loud, how can she not invite me?!) my mum told me to clean up the house. And I did it. 

2 HOURS CLEANING THE HOUSE

I'm actually really proud at how hard I worked doing it!! I didn't even write it down on paper and I JUST DID IT!! I think I felt like I wanted to impress my mum and show her I was capable of cleaning the house by myself (my brother just watched TV and messed up the sofa that I had cleaned up then yelled at me for telling him to fix the sofa =.=). 

First I attempted to tidy my room. 
Then I packed my bag. 
Then I tidied the piano area. 
Then I made my parent's bed. (no way am I doing work for my brother)
Then I tidied the laundry, took down the clothes from the washing line, folded the clothes and put them away.
Then I put the dry dishes away, washed the dishes, tidied the kitchen and wiped all the benches and cooktops. 
Then I tidied the bench, table and the chairs, and wiped the table.
Then I tidied around the sofa and TV. 
Then I tidied the weird messy area next to the fireplace that doesn't have a name.  
Then I packed Lucy's (our puppy) stuffs. 
Then I failed at vacuuming. 
Then I just died. 

But it looked pretty good in the end!! Apart from the failed vacuuming. 

Later, my mum threw a dinner party for about 5 of her friends. 
Without any complaint, I helped her clean up, prepare, cook, EAT and pack up. I made 5 cups of tea, 3 with milk, 2 without milk. 

Thought interruption #2
I can peel broccolini with a really sharp knife!! >:)

But you know what? I started to get sick and tired of it. After all the hard work I did, ESPECIALLY CLEANING UP THE ENTIRE HOUSE BY MYSELF, no one thanked me, or even acknowledged that I was helping out at all. It's not like I'm expecting a trophy or a round of applause, but the only thanks i got was:

"Don't peel the broccolini like THAT!" It was my first try, all right? I wasn't doing too badly if I may say so myself, in fact it was actually pretty good. 

*massive freak out* "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! I told you to cut the cucumber like THAT *in rectangles, point to the bowl on the right* not like THAT *round slices, point to bowl on left*. "You've just WASTED a whole cucmber!!" You know what? both the bowls were RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, and she told me to cut the cucumbers like the ones "over there", pointing in that general direction. She didn't say "CUT THEM INTO RECTANGLES". So SHEESH!! 

I was thinking, it only takes one "thankyou" to make you feel good. Was it that hard to make me feel like I had done a good job?? Or I am just completely inadequate?? I am NEVER good enough. EVER. Sometimes I'd like to just remind my mum that MOST TEENAGERS ARE MUCH WORSE THAN MEEEEE!!!!!!!!! If they were asked to do the stuff I do they would JUST NOT DO IT. Or fail at it. Or not try. And most teenagers are MUCH worse to their parents than I am!! I TRY okay?! Am I a fail daughter because sometimes, I get sick of being patient with my brother who makes absolutely no effort to be nice, no, even just not to be horrible to me??

Don't answer that.

Yeah. Wow. But I haven't been angry at all today. I have mainly been happy, tired, motivated (like:
ok, now I'll clean the kitchen and next I'll vacuum"). It's called mood swings. Sorry about the ranting everyone...

Anyways. Kath's party was sooo much fun!! The food was reallllly yummy and I had heaps of fun and the yum cha was so...cheap. I love how our group can have fun doing anything together, whether its talking and walking down a street, failing at picking up food at yum cha, swimming in a pool, making pizzas, playing wars with nerf guns, playing cards or even just chilling on the floor. And eating FORTUNE COOKIES!!

A final thought #3 *finally*
Pickle flavoured pringles are so wrong...but so gooood. >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment