Friday, March 18

tiramisu

from frankie.com
We won our debate tonight!! doesn't mean that we were good, just that they were worse. Good. Anyhoos. Today was pretty good apart from that tiny little maths assessment that I failed...miserably. It was the first ever test that I have honestly felt that I would fail. Like, not asian-fail but less-than-50%-fail. :((( which is a shame, since I DID study for it. BUT IT'S IN THE PAST NOWWW. Time to move on to history and chinese *thumbs up*

Ate yummy tiramisu ice cream tonight!! so good...coffee-ish, sweet. Just yummy - deal with it. Oh and we had sushi handrolls for dinner nomnomnommy.

Lucy got a haircut today. SHE LOOKS SO WEIRD!!! But still cute. Just with really short hair...sorta looks like a terrier now. Plus, since she's no longer purely a ball of fluffy-ness, she looks a LOT more anorexic...which is weird for a dog. Dad said she looks like a "Scotch Terrier" which makes me think of Arnotts Scotch biscuits. Mmm...scotch biscuits...

I'm really distressed by the crisis in Japan. The death toll is unimaginable to me, the physical destruction is shocking to my eyeballs, the nuclear crisis is almost too bad to be true, but the saddest and most touching part to me is the news about the people who are working in the nuclear plants.

If you haven't heard, there are around 50-100 people still working in the reacting plants, out of an original many thousands worth of workers. These people are volunteers, and mostly little old men, who have elected to stay behind in this perceived "suicide mission". They are being exposed to enough radiation within the space of a few minutes that would be considered harmful for an entire year. And the saddest part to me is that they went in with the mindset that they would die in there. Their messages to family were along the lines of "take care of yourselves, I'm old and have lived a good life and know the plant well, I won't be seeing you for a while". It breaks my heart that they don't expect to come out of this alive. They are literally sacrificing themselves. And I just want to say, that to me, that act of sacrifice makes them true heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment