Saturday, March 19

tea in a green cup for breakfast

It's been a pretty gloomy day. Stayed indoors, played some music, hung around with my dog and listened to the sound of Gold Cup rowing on the river.


I was really touched by an Sydney morning herald article I read this morning. It was a summary of the past week since the tsunami/earthquake/nuclear crisis, and you can read it here: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/the-day-the-waters-came-20110318-1c0ko.html The story that stuck was the story of a little boy.
"...a preschooler, who had been saving up for a video game, wanting to donate all his money to the cause.
''They can use my 5000 yen to rebuild their home, I don't need a Nintendo 3DS,'' he says.
His mother queries his decision, then praises it, and the boy starts crying, and the volunteers collecting money all burst into tears."

No comments:

Post a Comment